See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Napa in a Nutshell

How do you blog about two days worth of intensive therapy, among other strange and unusual events? Why, with pictures, of course!

I'm a little exhausted so I don't have the brain capacity to write in detail about the events that have transpired over the last 48-72 hours. But I've got pictures! I've got a bunch of 'em.

But first, let me briefly tell you about the last couple days...

We arrived in Long Beach, California on Sunday. That's where we were staying. It was decided, for a couple of reasons, that we would relocate to a hotel right around the corner from Napa - literally walking distance. It just made more sense because the drive from Long Beach is 30 minutes to Napa (this is 1 hour minimum in LA language and we had to be there at 8AM). So we packed up everything and headed to the new hotel where we promptly experienced our first earthquake from high atop the seventh floor. Good times.

Monday was a really good day. Christian tried a neuro suit for the first time. I like to call it his Robin Hood suit. Just call him Prince of Nottingham.




Christian met his new physical therapist, showed her how much he hated it there, and arched and extended his way through the day.


"I hate it here!"

But then the clouds parted for Christian as he was introduced to his first session of Tomatis Therapy.



"Okay. All better now."


Day two brought a little more cooperation and a lot less protest.







And if intensive physical therapy is his dinner then Tomatis therapy is Christian's dessert.


"Interesting..."

So there you have it, folks. A blog in mostly pictures. I apologize, but I just don't have anymore day left to explain what Tomatis therapy or neuro suit therapy is so I left some links for your own reading pleasure.

And as if you hadn't seen enough pictures...here's how we ended our day...

...on the Redondo Beach Pier.


Yes, that's my 11 year old looking like he's 17.
Yes, it looks cold because it was.

Until the next Napa update...I'm out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Love the people. We'll be home in a couple of days to hug ya'll!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts