See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Awesome October.

Where did October go?

In Southern Arizona we finally get beautiful, gorgeous weather that proves why people move here in the first place. And since we finally get to leave a long, hot summer behind us it's like everyone said - Hey! Let's plan every single event possible in October!

So here we are, a day away from November. Again, how did that happen? Not that I'm complaining. Nope. Because to be honest, October has been awesome for us and for Christian.

I told you all about how he got to visit the pumpkin patch with his class. Well, he showed us around that same pumpkin patch the very next weekend.


Ever the doting sister, Lola has taken on new, more in depth interest in Christian. She now speaks for him saying, "Christian doesn't want black, he wants brown." Or, "Christian likes chocolate pudding, right Mommy?"


It's still like magic watching them together. The other day she insisted on me moving my chair so she could sit right up next to him. Then she got in his face and smiled and he reached toward her. The moment was just...indescribable for me. She tells me, "Christian's upset," when he's whining and she gets right up next to his chair to watch cartoons with him while she leans on his tray.

And I just love the way he zones in on her.


I also get to walk up to moments like this...


Seriously, this is not staged or suggested. Lola brought over the keyboard, layed it across their lap, and "helped" Christian play it.

How did I get so lucky?

Christian has had an amazing month in school. We got a note from his speech therapist saying he really likes a switch that activates a toy chihuahua by making it yap. He purposely activated it several times and showed her more than he had ever shown in the past. Maybe he thought all her other toys were boring.

Christian also passed his hearing test with flying colors in both ears. It's not a huge surprise but I love any tests that are passed. We got a note from his teacher telling us that while his friend was pretending to read to him, Christian was looking at him and vocalizing. In fact, Christian has been pretty vocal lately. So I name October Christian's Month of Communication! Here's to hoping it continues!

Guess what Christian's going to be for Halloween!!!

!!!!!BATMAN!!!!!!


Daddy made this Batmobile especially for Christian. It is the coolest costume I have ever seen. And Christian gets to rock this whole thing at school tomorrow! I can't wait for the other kids to see it.

When I look at this I just see love. Christian seriously has the best dad in the world.

Again, how did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Meredith said...

This is so sweet! I'm tearing up at the picture of Lola with Christian and the photo of Christian in the awesome Batmobile his dad made for him!

Jen said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is the COOLEST Halloween costume EVER!!! You should have turned that in to costume contests across the WORLD!!!

BATMAN in his BATMOBILE to the umpteenth!!!

WOW!!!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts