See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Attainable Goals

A couple of things I can't hold in...

1. CHRISTIAN CRIED TODAY!!! It was in the chamber during oxygen therapy. There is an intercom system where you can hear everything that goes on along with a camera to view inside. I heard this sound of crying and I knew no other children were in the chamber with him. So I asked if that was Christian and the assistant (who goes in with Christian and works his legs) said that Christian had been doing that for a while. He said, "Is that okay?" I just told him it was new and it was a big, fat, deal because Christian doesn't cry. It was so nice to hear him cry, ironically. I told the assistant to keep making him cry so I could call Manny and let him hear over the intercom!

2. Because of the above, I am a total believer in HBOT. If I think back to Christian's first whimpers, they were always right after coming out of the chamber. Or they were always strongest coming out of the chamber. And we've only done 16 treatments. I think that's proof enough for us to keep going!

3. I talked to my dad today and he gave me some perspective. He said it was amazing that Christian hasn't regressed since he was stabilized. In fact, he's progressed. He hasn't had to go to the ER once, there hasn't been one scary night, nothing but positives. It's hard to see things like that when you're all wrapped up in trying to see new things and getting him to improve all the time. An even bigger miracle is that he hasn't regressed!

4. When I spoke to the EI girl, she went over the immediate short term goals we made just 11 days ago. They were to see emotion from Christian and to get discharged. And both of those things are happening! God is so good.

Going home tomorrow...butterflies in my stomach!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Shauna!! He cried!! I am so glad that you were able to call Manny and share that milestone with him. And I am so excited that ya'll are going home tomorrow!! YAY!!

Tracy said...

Another prayer answered! I've been praying for Christian's cry to return every day. What an amazing little boy! He is going to continue to get better. So glad to hear that you get to go home. You both will be so much more comfy there.

Unknown said...

Shauna - that is amazing! I just got chills reading this - hooray! So happy for you and so glad you are finally going home. Keep going Christian - you are such a fighter!!!

ferfischer said...

Big thrills for you! I was also an HBOT skeptic, but I am probably one of the biggest believers now as well. I hope you can make a video of the cries soon so we can hear too!

GnJand Hailey said...

I am crying reading this. I am so thrilled you finally got to hear his cry and that you got to call Manny to hear it. Still praying for you guys.

Rochelle said...

It seems odd to be happy that a baby is crying but I know what you mean about this cry, Christian's cry, and finally being able to hear it again. Its definitely one time in our lives that we are all thankful for a baby to cry and celebrating with you. Hope all goes well and smooth for you guys tomorrow as you transition back to home and begin to settle into your new routine at home. Still praying for you guys and looking forward to more celebrations with you as Christian continues to improve and make progress.

Unknown said...

:o) Over the moon to hear Christian cried! Thinking of you all today - home, home, home!!!

Unknown said...

That post made me cry too :) Wishing you a very lovely home going!

Jen said...

God is SO good! I am so happy to hear such positive things about Christian - amazing! I am so excited because I finally was able to order some keychains today!
May God continue to bless you and your precious family.

Alicia said...

Talk about a sound for sore ears!! I am so happy!

Unknown said...

Christian never ceases to amaze me! He is so awesome! I'm so glad that you got to hear his cry--I know how much you wanted to hear that cute little voice of his. God is wonderful! We'll be thinking of and praying for you today, as you and Christian make the move back home. Yay! XOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

I have been praying every day for Christian, even though I don't know you or even pretend to know what you are going through. God has laid it on my heart to pray and I have so hard for him to cry and For you to hear the cries of your little boy. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!

I Pray that you have an easy transition back home.

What can I pray next for you and your family. Do you have a request??

By the Grace of GOD. AMEN!

Colton's Journey said...

That's awesome!! ALLL OF IT!~ I'll continue to pray that things will just continue showing awesome progress. What a great little guy...what a fighter!!!!!

Jendioguardi said...

I am thinking of you today, and always. Have a safe trip home. God is with you. Can't wait to hear how Christian does at home!!!

Sarah said...

WOW he cried!!!! I have been waiting to hear this update!!!!

Have a safe trip home!

Rave78

Jessica said...

WHat incredible strides he has taken! I am in tears thinking of you hearing your little fighter crying. What a wonderful sound to be sure! Good things are coming your way! Hope all is going well as you adjust to life at home with all your family.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts