See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Bullet Points

Here are few miscellaneous updates. I'll list them with bullet points to keep everyone up to date. I'm a fan of bullet points. It makes me feel organized. (If you don't see the bullet points, it's all Blogger.com's fault).


 So here goes an update of small events that transpired in the last twenty four hours:


  • I attended a webinar today hosted by Phoenix Children's Hospital. The webinar was about alternative treatments for pediatric epilepsy. No, we didn't get results back from the EEG yet, but I'd like to be prepared for everything and anything. Alternative treatments for seizures that were touched upon included the Ketogenic Diet, Vagus Nerve Stimulation, and surgery to remove portions of the brain. Fun stuff. But is was all very interesting and I was really paying attention until...


  • ...I found out it's official - my kids want attention. They want me to hold them at the same time or they'll simultaneously cry. Christian has developed a preference for being held. He'll whine and cry, and then when he's held he's happy. That would be pretty awesome if I also didn't have a very demanding three month old that only wants her Mama. So I have Lola crying unless she's picked up. During the webinar, which was live and could not be paused, as I'm really trying to listen and learn, really, I have Christian on my lap on one knee and Lola on the other. How can I type a question when I'm covered in babies??? I manage to only type one question at the risk of two crying babies and a barking dog. I was bummed that I couldn't get more questions in. But it was informative and my kids are crazy attached to me. That's a good thing. And I am ever so thankful for my attached, demanding, vocal, crying babies. All of 'em.

  • Christian got a stander! What's a stander, you ask? Well, it helps him stand upright. It's called a Super Stand. We had zero problems getting it and we ordered it about two months ago. That's like being expedited compared to the months and months of waiting for a chair. We put Christian in it and he was less than thrilled. But probably more so because it was later afternoon and later afternoon = cranky time for Christian. So out he went. The base on this thing seems unnecessarily huge. There has to be a more efficient and compact way to construct these contraptions!

  • And last, but not least, Christian's Blogction ends this Saturday at 12 noon, central time. So you have another day or so to pick out your favorites, beat everyone else's bid, and win! Thank you all so much for your support! It's been a lot of fun!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that I had to go to karate and miss winning Grandma Bolton's fudge!! I was going to ask for an autograph to go with it...(sniff, sniff)

Rachel

Post a Comment

Popular Posts