See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Christian is here.


There are some days when Christian is with us. He's present and aware and it feels like he's taking in the life around him.

And then there are some days when he's off in his own world. 

Christian showed up today.

(In case you're wondering, this is how we've rigged the tumble form straps. So much better!)


And he hung out with me in the kitchen.


And then he got distracted by the light streaming through the vertical blinds.


We had our neurosurgical consult today for Christian's VNS placement. You know how I said I wasn't scared of the VNS? Well, I changed my mind. After Christian's recent improvements being back on this regular-ish diet, I didn't want to go back. A surgery surely means pain, right? And we just got out from under a cloud of yuckiness and I'm not at all eager to go back.

In the past I've made the mistake of jumping into something new when Christian was doing well in the hopes that he would do even better with -fill in the blank-.

But knowing what I know now, I don't want to give up these good days and I'm hoarding them. So I started wanting to push back the surgery so we could enjoy the Christian who decided to show up a little more lately.

Luckily, the surgery couldn't be scheduled until late July. I asked if we could push it into late August instead. We have some birthday plans for Christian's big Numero 3 on the weekend of August 1st and I don't want him to feel like crap for his birthday.

And then school starts and I thought it would be better to start and go to school for a few weeks and get to know the classroom and teachers and then do the surgery. That way his teachers will get to know Christian before surgery and after and we don't have to postpone the start of school all together.

So it's settled. Christian will be getting his VNS implant in late August.

In the mean time, we're happy to have him join us.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I love these pictures of Christian. He's got the most gorgeous eyes.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts