See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

...And Back

Guess who's coming off the most awesome-ist trip to the ocean ever?
(Yup, I know awesome-ist is not a word, but I'm making it a word because that's just the kind of mood I'm in.)

That's right...us!

And guess who wanted to stay just one more day...

Yeah, that would be me. (raising hand)

It was so worth it. We could have been really careful or really scared or really cautious about our getaway plans. We could have fretted about how we'd get Christian around in his chair and how we'd get him back and forth through the sand...but we chose otherwise...



...And there were feet in the sand...




...for everyone.



Oh, it was just that kind of trip. Beautiful weather, gorgeous scenery, good friends and family. All the makings of perfect. And the very best part about it is that my kids loved it. And Christian...if I could afford to live on a beach, we'd do it because Christian melted along with the sand and sea.



He felt so relaxed that he decided to turn over from his back to his side all by himself for the first time ever. I guess there are magical powers in that ocean breeze.



There was one point that I took him down to the shore line to put his feet in the ocean, hold him, and use my 4th arm to take pictures at the same time. I finally just thought: Screw it. I'm on the beach with my baby, and we sat down on that wet sandy beach and let the sea tickle our toes. A wet dress and a wet tush never hurt anyone. Luckily, a friend of ours grabbed the camera. Thanks, Kendra!



Remember when Christian didn't like wind or the bright sun? Remember when I would write about him tensing up with the arrival of the first wind gust? None of that for my boy this time around! Hardly a peep from him the entire vacation. He was lulled by the ocean waves and had relaxation in his body that no medication could rival.



We sat on the beach and felt seashells, we ate breakfast by the sea, we watched sunsets and laughed with friends until our stomachs hurt and tears came out of our eyes. It was paradise, I tell you.

And as if I already didn't love Christian's daddy enough, well...yeah...

...no words.

That ocean is a funny thing. It makes you feel so small and it makes your dilemmas feel so insignificant. Looking at that ocean and holding my little man I felt like there was nothing we couldn't overcome. There was nothing that was bigger than the ocean. And just like the ocean, nothing is bigger than God. So I said little prayers into Christian's little ear. What better place to be thankful for your blessings? What better place to talk to God?

And as if this post wasn't long enough, we just can't end it without a picture of little sister, Lola.


Paradise, I tell you.

9 comments:

Eliisa said...

LOVE!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this update. You have one beautiful family. So very happy that you had such a wonderfully blissful time. God's Blessings!

Lisa & Brock

Alicia said...

How WONDERFUL!!! I am so glad you all had a great time, you all deserve it so very much.

Anonymous said...

The magic of the sea...has moved me for as long as i can remember! What a wonderful set of pics and story to go along...i love you guys! Proud to be you Dad!!!

GnJand Hailey said...

The ocean is amazing!! it heals all!! If I could afford to live there....I would. Where did you guys go?

Shauna Quintero said...

Rocky Point, Mexico

Colton's Journey said...

So happy you were able to have a relaxing vacation! Even better that Christian was able to enjoy it tooo. What great photos!

KahneS said...

Wonderful post! You don't know me, my name is Kahne Seidel, and my son Samuel had a near-drowning accident in March, 2007. I've been keeping up with Christian and am thrilled to see his progress! Since Samuel's accident, we have taken him everywhere - Disneyworld, Beach, Cruise, Costa Rica...etc. I truly believe it's the best thing for our children and for us when we continue to live our lives! You have a wonderful family and I look forward to watching Christian continue to progress! Blessings to you!

Kahne and Sam Seidel

Caroline said...

oh you made me tear up! Yay for rolling!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts