See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PDD

Time for updates!
Someone commented that they'd like to see some recent pics of Christian. You read my mind but...
I'm sure you all remember I have PDD (Photography Deficit Disorder). And, naturally, with this disorder, I have not been keeping up on my picture taking duties. Now that I look back at some of the pictures I've taken in the last few weeks...well, there aren't many! I'm so ashamed. I will take more, I promise.

Here's what I have...


Christian in his crib, wondering...


...wondering why the flash is so bright.


Gymnastic Hands!
Christian's right hand is almost completely open and feeling and touching and grabbing. His OT calls it his "doing hand."


"I found my puppy...it's so soft."


Gabe, Christian, and Krystal
The picture above is very meaningful. This is the first time Gabe held Christian since his accident. He's had other chances, but he was nervous because he said he hadn't held Christian since he pulled him out of the pool. He finally felt confident enough to hold him, but we didn't make a big deal out of it. It's kind of a silent recognition for me.


This picture is a big deal because after Christian's cranial sacral session last week, his head was turned to the right and he would not move it. It was as if it caused him pain. But for the last two days he's been moving it himself. This is him looking to the left, out the window of the car like it's no big deal.




This is my wishful thinking picture that this maybe, possibly, could be the beginning of a smile. I was singing to him a song I made up for him when he was born. And then he started looking at me, breathing a little faster and something lit up in his eyes. I thought I might just have a smile so I took a picture to see if it was in my head. Who knows, but I know he'll get there someday.


More pictures soon to come. I want to get more of his facial expressions. So you'll mostly just see his angry face. But that's good enough for me!

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Shauna- I posted this on your FB but I'm gonna say it here too........ I LOVE the Gabe/Christian photo because you can totally see the progress Christian has made!!! Look at his body..... It's so NOT stiff!!!! I remember pictures where it looked like he wasn't *bending* (for lack of a better word) but WOW......in this pic he looks awesome!! Way to go boy!!! :-). And I must say Gabe looks like such a little man!! He's growing up so fast even just in his pics!!
Of course the hand pic rocks and the carseat pic- totally looks like he's just chillin' , watching the outside world like it's no biggie!!
I'd say these are awesome progress pics and thank you SO much for sharing them!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Aawwww...those are fabulous Shauna! The difference in the relaxation of his hand is amazing. And I love the one with Gabe...makes me mushy! Such a gorgeous wee man!!! And I like the looking out the car seat...seems like you can see flickers of him thinking 'what's that outside' in his eyes. :o)

Eliisa said...

Christian looks so good! Loosy goosey and relaxed! I love the pic of him with Gabe...what handsome boys you have. I can also totally see the smile in the last pic. Especially in his right eye. SO cute!

Alicia said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! I love the one of Gabe holding Christian. And the two of Christian's open hand reaching and touching his puppy... gave me goosebumps! He is doing so well!

ferfischer said...

Great pics! Also, you'd better get that PDD under control, girlfriend. Seriously, pictures and videos are the BEST way for you to look back and see how far he's come. It's also helpful for doctors and therapists too. On those days where it seems like nothing is going well, those pictures can be a real uplifting thing! MORE MORE MORE!

GnJand Hailey said...

I LOVE the one of Gabe holding Christian. He looks so great, you can see the difference and how far he has come.

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker, but man, it's amazing how different he looks! It's truly amazing what he's accomplished, and I check back all the time.

Elaine said...

Christian, you are an amazing little guy. Keep up the good work. You have come a long way and surprised us all with your progress.
Elaine in MT

Rochelle said...

Great pictures. You have beautiful children and I'm glad that Christian is continuing to make excellent progress. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Wow so touching Shauna thank you for sharing, especially the one of the two brothers.

Allison said...

Ok, I think that I need to come out. I have been "stalking" your blog since the accident and am truly amazed at what an amazing person Christian is. He is the strongest fighter I know. You are the best momma in the whole world. I love how you would do anything for this little man. I love the picture of him and Gabe and to tell you the truth it brought tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful, strong woman and just keep fighting and God will reward you and Christian both. God's Blessings:)

Shauna Quintero said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments!

And a big thank you to you self proclaimed lurkers and stalkers! Thank you for keeping up with us and thank you for your prayers and support.

Please keep on lurking!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts