See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Be Joyful Always

I was reading another blog the other day and it said that there was joy in every place. You just have to look and you'll find it.

I was surprised by reading that and was, again, surprised by my own surprise. I'm all about finding joy! Well, I was, until I got too busy to look for it in the last few months. That coupled with an underlying frustration and sadness over Christian's constant discontent and puzzle of symptoms left this Momma a little joy-less. There were plenty of joyful moments and I was there for every one of them, I just didn't stop to see it. Hence, my surprise at hearing you could find it everywhere.

So I gave myself a project the other day. I was going to find it. And by "it" I mean joy.

I didn't have to look very far...


And, why, yes, that is my daughter standing in her high chair with wild abandon. Nobody got hurt. But she wanted to make sure Christian was okay. [Joy]


Christian hadn't been in his stander for a while because he just wouldn't tolerate anything but laying on his tummy. But his PT came over and adjusted it by 2 inches! He's such a tall kid! And the messy house, not so joyful. The kids that make the mess - joyful. [Joy]


Lola got a hold of the wipies and decided to pull half the stack out one by one. When she was caught, she grabbed her pile and ran like a mad woman. She then preceded to hoard them in her princess castle. [Joy]


But she's just too cute to find anything but joy here. If you look behind her next to Piglet, you'll see a pile of fresh wipies. [Joy]


And my big kid, Gabe, just joined Devil Pups and had his first day on Saturday. He did great! I love seeing him gain self confidence the right way - by accomplishing, making goals, and exceeding them. It's a different kind of self confidence that I like seeing on my son's face. [Joy]

So really it's about being in the moment. Being present. I found the infamous joy and it wasn't all that hard to scope out. It was in the stander, it was in the princess castle, and it was all over my son's face.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Loving that princess castle, not to mention all the other joyful shots.
Well done for stopping and taking the time to find your joy.

Jenna said...

Hi Christian
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a brave courageous fighter, and a real inspirational hero.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Post a Comment

Popular Posts