See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Spread the love.

So when I hear that we can hand out Valentine's in Christian's preschool class, you know I'm all over it.

And then when I found out one of my favorite sites, http://www.3elove.com/, had Valentine's cards available, it was a match made in heaven.


We are ready for Valentine's Day! And you better believe that I was exponentially grateful and aware with each piece of tape I used to attach every cherry, red heart sucker I loved when I was a kid.

I also really like the idea of parents celebrating with their kids. I speak from experience as I was lucky enough to have a mom and dad that both acknowledge me on Valentine's Day and looking back, it's something I want to pass along to my kids. Of course I tell them I love them an excessive amount of times per day, but on Valentine's Day, it's just another excuse to show them.

So I baked, because that's just what I do these day. I made Gabe a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough truffles (amahhhzing recipe found here). Gabe has already had a sampling and told me it was the best Valentine's Day gift ever. Score.

And Christian and Lola got some crazy Sing-a-ma-jigs.



 Yes, they're weird. And I'm not sure I quite understand them. But here's the thing...Christian's speech therapist came to the house one day and was trying to get Christian's interest with a few toys and he wasn't biting. But then she pulled out the Sing-a-ma-jig and I thought - yeah, right, Christian isn't going to like that thing. And then he promptly proved me wrong.

You press their tummies and they "sing" in funny voices as their mouths move. I don't know what it is but the boy is interested. And because the boy has one, the girl must have one, too.



Happy Valentine's Day!

Spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts