See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Her Name Was Lola!

Lola Magdalene
12.14.09 2:44PM
7lbs. 3oz. 20in




Christian has officially joined his big brother, Gabe, as a member of the Big Brother Club!


Christian literally fell asleep while taking pictures with Lola. He started trying to suck on her nose, eventually. And, yes, he moved her headband over her eyes as he moved closer to her. Already teasing his little sister.


Lola arrived on Monday, December 14th at 2:44PM. She made her appearance after four hours of labor and fifteen minutes of pushing - my easiest labor by far!

The best part was that she was born in the same hospital, in the exact same room as Christian. It's the best room on the floor with panoramic windows over looking the city. The overcast, rainy weather that greeted Christian on his birthday also greeted Lola. But because she's a girl, she got a rainbow.

UMC Hospital, Lola's birthday rainbow on a Tucson winter's day.



Christian did well without Mommy for about 36 hours. He had his Nana, his Tia Maggie and Gramma and Grampa to help take care of him so he got tons of attention.

Since Lola's arrival, we've been trying to get back to normal. Christian seems to respond to Lola's crying as he'll look around or even start to cry himself. When we place Lola next to him, he also seems to be aware that there is another baby next to him, but he can't quite make sense of it.


Christian feeling Lola's head for the first time.


But I can tell you that when I see my kids together, I just want to melt. I fall head over heels in love with them again and again.



My sleeping beauties.




As far as Christian's leg issues go, he's fine now. I've stretched him out, put him in sitting positions, moved him around, and he's not having an issue any longer. I do have an appointment on Monday (soonest we could do, they wanted to wait until after the holidays) with the orthopedic surgeon to figure out what exactly the x-rays are saying. I will keep everyone posted but it's now just for more information. I'm not too worried, but my PT would really like me to get clearance for weight baring so that we can go forward without worrying about any possible damage. Makes sense to me!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Shauna, he is beautiful, they all are!! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

ferfischer said...

SOOOO cute! Love these!

Congrats to all of you!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family Shauna. She's a beauty. They're all beauties. What a gift to have them all together. So glad Christian's legs are doing great. I love reading your life stories. Super inspiring. Get some rest and keep doing what you're doing. You're amazing. Merry Christmas to you and your gorgeous family.

JRose said...

Congratulations! You have a gorgeous family!

Jen said...

Congrats, so beautiful they all are!

Caroline said...

Shauna! I love it! They are so beautiful together! That rainbow is more than just a girl promise..it's a promise that you are a special mom!

Tracy said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family. You are one blessed mama.

Alicia said...

Lola is gorgeous!! Congratulations Shauna!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful! Haved a very blessed holiday! God Bless You and Your Fabulous Family!!!

Treena said...

I haven't posted before but I read and think of Christian often. Congratulations from Sydney, Australia. Lola is gorgeous. Sweet photos of the children together. I'm sure Christian will be a great big brother. You are an inspiration to me.
Merry Christmas to your family from mine.

MommaBear said...

Congratulations again. The pictures of all of them are so adorable! I think my favorite is the first one of Christian and Lola sleeping. Absolutely precious.

Sarah said...

Congrats Shauna!! The pics are adorable :) Have a great holiday season!

((hugs))

Post a Comment

Popular Posts