See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Beautiful Flower

I wrote and rewrote about 9 blogs but I just couldn't get my words together. I was going to write about the visit to the Neurologist last Friday, the steroid therapy Christian tried last week, how much I love, love, love ISR, and some upcoming things this week, including two of my babies' birthdays.

But I couldn't get my head on straight because I kept thinking about another family.

This family suddenly lost their little fighter, Samantha, on Sunday. She fought and fought until her fight was through and it was time to go home.

Her mommy, Heather, is a blog mommy friend of mine who I know through blog and facebook comments. But through her beautiful writing, I knew her story, I knew Sam's story.

Sam's story was a hard one, but even through words on a blog there was joy, there was celebration, there was humor, and there was peace.

I am in awe of Heather and her persistence and positivity when it came to being Samantha's mother. I am inspired by her every day. Reading her entries inspired me not to ever feel sorry for myself and our situation. What we do is still parenting - whether it's burping babies or changing g-tubes - it's still parenting, no more and no less.

My heart is heavy for her today and she's in every other thought. She and Sam were and are a continued inspiration. For such a little thing that Sam left a mighty big footprint on this world.

So I'm taking time out of my appointment-swim lessons-medications-complaining-hbot-day to day happenings to simply remember Sam. 


"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."
-Emperor from Mulan

5 comments:

Jendioguardi said...

Oh Shauna, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a terrible terrible thing to have to go through as a parent. You are awesome to acknowledge Heather and Sam today. What a strong person she must be, a real inspiration! I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers. I know that Sam is in a beautiful place where she will always be remembered as one of God's angels.

ferfischer said...

I feel the same way, my friend. You would have loved Samantha, by the way! I think Penny far preferred 'Mantha to Cici!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry fo your friend, my prayers go out to them.

Jill Fischer said...

Dear Shauna.... It has been awhile since I last visited you guys. I, too learned of Samantha's passing and am sad for her family and for everyone touched by her life and her mother's writing. I am also touched by your sweetness and compassion and have been from my first blog meeting with you. I love your montage and it is a joy to see your little Lola, to see the fantastic progress Christian is making, and to see the adorable interactions between your children. I experience such happiness when I get to see our little Max, Penny and Cici. I am learning to be the very best Grammie I can be to all of them :-) Know I am thinking of you and your family and sending much love, Jill

Alicia said...

So sorry to hear this. Just no words to describe how much loss is felt when a little one leaves too soon.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts