See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Fun That Is Funny!

We had lots of good funny that was funny!

Christian's mini bash was on Sunday and it was all things Dr. Suess. Who knew doing a Dr. Suess would be so much fun...that is funny. Ha ha! Okay, I'll stop.

Here are some pictures of some of the things we did...

Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?
Do you like them, Sam I am?

These are kind of like deviled eggs only they're filled with garlic mashed potatoes and pieces of ham. It's all dyed with green food coloring, courtesy of Daddy.


Instead of gift bags, I did candy jars filled with cherry sours, gummy bears, and gummy worms.


Those trees! Those trees! Those truffula trees! All my life I'd been searching for trees such as these!
-The Lorax
(These are cherry chip cupcake cones with cherry frosting. They're even better than regular cupcakes, seriously.)

Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Cat in the Hat Cupcakes
(Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes are topped with blue cotton candy, which actually makes the cupcakes taste awesome. The Cat in the Hat cupcakes are topped with white lifesavers and red gummy savers kept in line with a toothpick.)



And, of course, the guest of honor had to have his Cat in the Hat birthday cake!
The top of the hat was chocolate with peanut butter frosting. And Christian had a little bit of cake, too. I was wiping red frosting of his cheeks by the end of the night.

(Thanks, Jen D., for Christian's Superman shirt! I was waiting for him to wear it for his birthday.)


My Thing 1 and Thing 2!

I absolutely loved decorating for this party. First, because I love decorating for and planning parties. Second, because last year, for his 1st birthday celebration, I didn't really do much planning or preparation because I was kind of still in a daze and we had just gotten back from Hacienda. I was so grateful to everyone else at the time but I missed doing fun things that make parties special. So this year I wanted to have some fun with it.

And just so you know, I proudly stole some of these ideas from Kara's Party Ideas. Yeah, I'm not that creative.

It was a fun little party, although Christian wasn't in his best mood, unfortunately. That's alright, though. I think I can remember from last year's party that he vomited multiple times that day. I think, if I can remember correctly, we went through about five outfits by the end of the night. There was no vomit at this party so I call it a win.

And how appropriate that I'd talk about vomit in the same post where I'm gleefully showing off pictures of deliciousness. Thought you'd all appreciate that. ;-)

The birthday is over, the party is done, so on to his 3rd year. His 3rd year! I can't wait to see what this 3rd year will bring.

Happy birthday, baby! I'm so glad you're here!

5 comments:

Sarah McFarland said...

Happy birthday!!!

WhitneyBooze said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN.

What a special day for a special boy. I, too, am excited to see what his 3rd year brings.
Hugs to you. Whitney

ferfischer said...

SO CUTE! I checked out those party ideas - we wanted to do that for the girls' first birthday too. Too bad we were in the hospital cafeteria and I didn't feel like organizing anything at all. I'm so glad it was a smashing success. Onward and upward to 3, Christian! (oh, and btw, if that's a SMALL party, then I wonder what a big one is like! In my world, that's a BIG one!)

Kimberly said...

What wonderful creations (even if you did borrow the ideas, the execution was fabulous!). And any day without throw up is a good day. Love your sense of humor as you incorporate life's challenges in your posts.

I think I'm going to have to check out that site for party ideas - I'm so uncreative with parties but love new inspiration and would gladly run with it. Thanks!

Alicia said...

Wow! If that's what you call a "Mini Bash", I'm almost scared to see what a normal bash is in your book! ;-)

It looks like a great party with lots of extremely cool goodies!

Happy Birthday, Christian!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts