See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Minibash

I'm busy planning a Dr. Seuss - We can have lots of good fun that is funny - birthday bash for Christian this weekend.

And remember when I mentioned that we do parties pretty big here? Well, that is 100% true...most of the time.

That is why I have to fight every cell in my body that is trying to plan a huge birthday bash.

We're not having a big birthday this year. At first, it was a shock to my system when my husband suggested it. No long guest list? No all day cleaning and cooking? No pinata? No jumping castle? What is this? I started to hyperventilate for a half second.

Then I was back and realized that, yes, this birthday will need to be downsized. One of the medications Christian is on suppresses his immune system so it really isn't a good idea to expose him to large crowds right now. Not only may it be easier to get sick, but it will be harder to shake if something is caught. We just don't want to chance it. Christian is a healthy boy, he's had barely a mild cold in the last year and we'd like to keep it that way.

We will still celebrate because I wouldn't give up the chance to celebrate a birthday, let alone Christian's birthday, not for one single second. And it should be celebrated. So we'll throw a mini-bash with just a few guests and gift bags with hand sanitizer and face masks. Not really, but maybe I'm on to something...hmmm.

One thing is certain, though.

There will be cake.

3 comments:

Reece said...

cake of course!! Happy Birthday Christian!! I cant wait to see pictures!!

Jendioguardi said...

Either way, mimibash or mega, your family will have a great time celebrating another year with your precious boy. 2 yrs old already! Happy birthday again lil Superman! xoxo

Alicia said...

Have a great time celebrating this weekend! I want to see lots of pictures too!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts