See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

-Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

I absolutely love this book with all of my Mommy heart.
I, of course, didn't appreciate the meaning behind it when I was little.

Years passed and I found myself shopping for a graduation present for my friend. Oh, the Places You'll Go! was being wisely marketed to recent grads. I wondered why so I read it...and I got a little teary. It was then that I learned to fully appreciate Dr. Seuss and his meaningful words.

In fact, Dr. Seuss has been a huge part of my life since I was little. I've seen The Grinch about a million times. Don't even get me started on Green Eggs and Ham.

Then the past year happened. Oh, the Places You'll Go! dug itself a little deeper into my heart.

If you have children, if you've gone through hell and made it out, or if you're set to go on a journey of some sort, read it! Yes, I said read a children's book! Actually, I'm not sure it was written for children at all! It will speak to you, I promise.

And wanna know about one of the coolest gifts ever given to Christian?

These are canvas paintings of different scenes from Oh, the Places You'll Go!


Wanna know what else? My own Mommy painted them herself! (She's an artist.)


Wanna know the coolest news ever?
They'll be available in the blogction. One winner will receive a set of four (4) canvas paintings customized from their choice of Green Eggs and Ham, Oh, the Places You'll Go!, or The Cat in the Hat.



She also gave us the actual book, which is pretty awesome all by itself.

6 comments:

mary elizabeth said...

those are so so beautiful! i want a set! bad!
love the new blog layout. i think about you guys all the time my dear.
let me know when you are back in colorado.

Kristen said...

Those are stunning! WOW!!!

Alicia said...

I LOVE that book and I agree, it has much more meaning for adults than kids. I really want those paintings too! I'll have to see if my budget will allow me to bid as high as I believe will be required to snag them!

I hope you are getting through your overwhelmingly busy time. Hugs and prayers to you!

Rachel said...

I can't wait for this auction and will focus on things made by YOUR family (um, fudge and paintings!!!)

Unknown said...

those are amazing!!

Bobbi said...

omg WANT. those are incredible.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts