See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Panda Bear

Okay, this will be the last time I mention Orange Chicken, at least for a while.

But the Orange Chicken was delicious as always, as was his friend, Beijing Beef.

 
    

A good time was had by all. It's always really fun to get everyone together and catch up. We got to meet some of the people who have been following Christian since just after the accident. We also saw friends we haven't seen for a while. We were surrounded by friends and family who were there to support Christian, which is all together awesome. It was a pretty good turn out, too. And we stayed there until after bedtimes and it was finally time to go home.

But it was one of those events where my husband and I go home with smiles on our faces and say things like, "Remember when so and so said...that was so funny!" and "Wasn't it fun to see..."or"...How long has it been since we've seen them anyway?" And we finish the day feeling incredibly blessed by those who surround us, old and new. I even had the pleasure of meeting the uncle of another little boy who recently suffered the same accident as Christian did last summer. This little boy is Owen and he's still in the hospital so prayers are still needed for Baby Owen to get healthy so he can go home.

So it's one fundraiser down and one to go!

The auction begins next Tuesday, September 14th at 4PM AZ time. Sorry, I couldn't choose another time zone, but Arizona is where I live all year round and we NEVER change our clocks. So this is the only way I know how to operate. When people ask me, "Does that account for Daylight Savings Time?" I'm like, "Daylight Savings Whaaa?"

The auction will end on Friday, September 17th at 8PM. I chose a smaller time frame because this will be a smaller auction. Mama needs her sanity, people. So it really works out that this auction will be smaller in size and time frame. But don't let that deter you. Oh, no. There are some really cool, not to mention, delicious items to bid on. And every time a generous donor sends me something, I'm half tempted to bid on it myself! But I won't.

I think I'm having deja vu because I'm pretty sure I said that last time.


The auction address is also listed at the top of my sidebar to the right under Start Bidding.

Anyway, after the auction closes (literally a few days), it's time to go to Europeds! Tickets have been purchased, arrangements have been made, and x-rays have been sent. I can't believe it's less than two weeks away! Gaaah, I have so much to do. Wanna make time go by quicker? Plan a bunch of stuff right before you leave. That accelerates time to lightening speed.

Oh, and P.S. - This is Christian's first plain ride since the accident. I have no doubt he'll do fine but it will be interesting flying with "equipment" and feeding pumps. I'm really hoping it will go smoothly.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Jendioguardi said...

I'm so glad that you had a good turnout and got to visit with people you haven't seen in a while, or even with new friends. You are truly blessed to have so much support but we're all equally blessed to know YOU! Love the pix! Christian is getting so big! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts