See Christian and Lola's ISR video!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thank You

The amount of prayers, thoughts, love, and support has been overwhelming in response to Christian. It really amazes me how nice and caring people are. I mean I knew people were nice, I try to be nice, but you never really experience the kindness and faithfulness of human nature until you go through something like this. It's awe inspiring. I've been told that people all over the world are praying for Christian. And I am so grateful for each and every one those thoughts and prayers. I truly believe they have helped and are helping him heal every day.

I'm going to have to go to Costco and buy thank you cards in bulk. This is not a burden, this is a blessing. I can't wait to do it. From friends who have brought me soup and cookies, to my Summer 08 Mom's group and their unwavering support, to my family and friends who call and check on Christian, my family has really been blessed with love and support. Thank you isn't enough but THANK YOU!!!

The gravity of Christian's situation is finally setting in. This is long term. He will need many therapies and rehabilitation. I'm ready for it. I'll do whatever it takes for him to get better. Luckily, he is still young and his brain is still growing. I know he'll make a recovery on his own time. And we'll be with him every step of the way. I know he can do it. We may not get the old Christian back and this makes me sad because I will miss him terribly. But we have a new Christian who I love even more and that's better than not having him here at all.

I'm actually a little excited about exploring alternative therapies, one of which is Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT). It's experimental but I've read nothing but good things about it, especially for victims of brain injuries. This will cost money and will most likely not be covered by insurance but I don't care what we have to do. Where there's a will there's a way. This is why I've added a DONATE button to this page. It feels a little weird but I'm willing to do anything for my child's recovery so if it means asking for donations or raising funds, consider it done. If you do decided to donate, I can't thank you enough. But the same goes for your thoughts and prayers. Those are the same as money to me.

Again, thank you so much to anyone who's thought of or prayed for Christian. It means so much to us. I can't wait for you to see what your thoughts and prayers can do!!!

7 comments:

ferfischer said...

As you know, we do HBOT and are very happy with the results. So far we have 50 sessions in! I'm so happy there is a good center in AZ that will help you. Pam (Makenzies mom) has been there and will help you get connected! Get ready for your second (or third) full-time job as a fundraiser! Woo hoo! It's worth it! Every single penny!

Brooke said...

That HBOT sounds awesome!! Good for you for looking into every avenue of help for your baby!!!

Unknown said...

I am part of the Summer 08 (July mommy) FF group - we merged. Your story has touched me deeply, as I have an 11 month old, too AND a pool. His story has made me even MORE diligent about our safety precautions.
Not one day has gone by that I have not prayed for your baby boy, Christian. He is so blessed to have you as his mommy,who is fighting for him every step of the way.
I will continue to pray. I will follow his journey all the way until you can say that he is running around, calling out "Mama, I want a popcicle!".
Much love coming your way from Florida!!!
Dawn, John,
Leah (3) and Logan (11 m's)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and will be praying every day for you guys

praying from Canada

Denise

Suzanne said...

I think the HBOT sounds VERY promising. I bet you can't wait to start it!

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that you don't need to worry about sending out thank you cards. We just want to do as much as we can to help, whether it's a donation, a card, prayers, or positive thoughts.

Cindy said...

The HBOT sounds like an exciting avenue for Christian. I'm all for alternative therapies. I have such hope for his full recovery. Keeping all of you in my thoughts & prayers...

Cassie said...

The HBOT sounds very exciting! We will help as much as we can, have faith, we are here for all of you.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts